Posted on April 6th, 2012 @ 10:41 pm
Another sweet dishes that I wanted to make for a long time. Actually, I made this before, but it didn’t turn out good, so I didn’t record it.
A few days ago, Malaika asked me when she could have Kaiserschmarrn. At times, her school cafeteria serves them Kaiserschmarrn for lunch. So, I was in the mood, I told her I would make it for her for afternoon snack. I am very satisfied with the outcome, this pancake came out soft an fluffy and moist. Just like the one from the restaurant.
Ingredients: (4 servings)
6 eggs (separated)
1 pinch salt
butter for greasing the pan
1. Whipped the egg whites with salt and half of the sugar, till soft peak. Set aside
2. In a another bowl, mix milk, egg yolks, flour and the remaining sugar.
3. Carefully fold the egg whites to the egg yolks mixture.
4. Grease the pan with generous amount of butter, and pour about 1cm thick of the egg mixture in a frying pan (26cm).
5. Add raisins.
6. Cook on both sides. Then tear the pancake into small pieces.
7. Serve with powder sugar and apple sauce/vanilla sauce.
Europe · German · Germany · pancakes · recipes